Nation Building Legacy lost


I have been following several offspring's of our rich, famous, and powerful Movers and Shakers. Historically the apple did not fall far from the tree, because offspring's normally follow in their parent’s footsteps, you know that Norman to Michael succession process. A lot of the modern-day offspring are the most useless and worthless bubbleheaded ditzy set of people floating around Jamaica. 


People with big powerful last names who are supposed to be the next generations of Nation Builders, Movers and Shakers and all they do is keep up the most almshouse in life. Some spend their days and nights on social media creating Reels and TikTok rubbish. Talking about how they are social media influencers. Who the frack can you influence with the ditzy, simpleminded, bubbleheaded contents you produce? 


They are the most disappointing set of Jamaicans, because they have access to massive amount of resources needed to make a difference in our society and economy. Instead they are on social media counting Likes and Followers. No one wants to inherits their family legacy anymore, they do not care about the grassroots of society. Things get too hard in Jamaica, they take the next flight out and only return when carnival time comes around. These people have every aspect of their lives on social media. I just saw one that says "me eating" and another that says "grocery shopping again", WTF! Do people really care to see you eating or buying groceries? Is this it for you, all you can be? Your parents and grandparents created an empire, their last names decorate buildings, they employ hundreds of thousands, help build homes and schools, influences the directions of  Governments and help to Nation Build this country. 


Progressive Activism in her DNA

I was hoping with your access to some of the best education on the planet, you would be more than just bubbleheaded muppets but instead contribute more towards the development of this country instead of just an fucking about, creating an Instagram Real, a TikTok or a Tweet for Likes and Followers. 

So, I was having a debate with an individual online. The person was backed into a corner and came back with - “I have more likes and followers then you”. I said "wait what?" I did not know this was about likes and followers, I am just opinionated by nature and love to add my two cents to things I find interesting. I grew up in a family of debaters, it is what we do. Even this blog I am writing is not for you but my debate with myself. I have a lot of opinions going through my head and it was affecting my sleep and I suffered greatly from insomnia. It was my dear aunt who suggested that I start writing things down to unburden myself. So, I started this blog and continue to write on it, most of which are unpublished. The ramblings of a crazy insomniac.  


Over the past couple years, I have reduced my social media footprint because it was becoming too much, too many people contacting me daily. On a weekly basis I get about 25 to 50 people requesting to follow me, 99.9% of which are rejected mainly because I do not understand why they would want to follow me, I am not that important, and I do not know them. The thing is we have reached a point in human development where human self-worth is defined by how many social media followers we have, and I think it is pathetic. We have become more narcissistic than ever before in human history. Just walking on the street people often stop to take selfies, and they are not taking just one. I was looking at this woman taking selfies, she must have taken about 50 at the same spot with various expression on her face. WTF is that about!











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The British Cornish Pasty vs. The Jamaican Beef Patty

Techniques for Sharing your Sky Juice at School

Heroes and Nation Builders of Jamaica